Ducking under the nav bar
Shiny&Flammable

|01.04 |02.04 |03.04 |04.04 |05.04 |06.04 |08.04 |09.04 |10.04 |11.04 |12.04 |01.05 |02.05 |03.05 |06.05 |02.06


Elektra: Jennifer Garner's Ass Fighting Its Way Through A Drab Skirt&Sweater Combo

Elektra: Ummm... Well, All of it really.

Elektra (see a theme?): The First Movie That Made "Blade" Seem Not-So-Sucky

Elektra: It stole two hours of my life, and I want them back.

BIO
EMAIL
Poetry Page
www.joeandjaimee.com
gallery - soon?
 
"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
-Dorothy Parker-



4.27.2004
[12:38 AM] funny customer moments:

a woman walked into the cafe today and said, "I need to ask you two questions."
I replied, "ok, ask away."
"What's the difference between a latte and a cappuccino?"
"well a latte is mostly steamed milk, wheras a cappuccino is fo-"
"which one has the cream?"
"the wha?"
"the cream, ya know," She gestured franticly with her hands, making a swirling motion. For a moment, I thought she might mean whipped cream, except that I've never heard of any drinks that were made completely of whip cream. I defaulted to my second best guess.
"well, um... breves are made with half&half."
"yes! that's it! I want two breves." She grinned and then said, "but first, I have another question."
"ok."
"Do you have wireless internet?"
"not yet. We're working on it."
"oh, cause I really need wireless internet. do you know where they have it?"
"well, I know B**ns and Br*ws has it."
"really? I was told to go to St*rb*cks."
"oh, well in that case, there's a St*rb*cks right over there."
"really? great! I'm sorry, I need to cancel my order. I really just need the wireless internet."
And with that, she walked off.
I blinked, then went back and asked my co-worker, "If the wireless internet was so important, why didn't she ask for that first?"
All he could do was shrug.
...
one of my other coworkers, whom I've named sicky, came into work to get a drink from me. While she waited for me to make her iced tea, she asked for relationship advice. What I assumed was a token cry for help turned into a ten minute conversation on the dynamics of people. We played a game of "point-counterpoint" with her using comments that her mother gave her. I argued my favorite mode of thinking: rationality, and ultimately combined that and my power of talking too much into the awesome might of "rant monologue!" After I got done with my speech, she thanked me and walked off. And somehow, despite all that, I still couldn't bring myself to give a damn about her life.
...
at least twice during my shift someone wandered into the cafe, looked long and hard at the bake case, then looked me right in the eye, APOLOGIZED, and walked away. As if somehow, their rejection of my bakery items would leave me crying in the back. Or maybe they were apologizing for me, like "I'm sorry you're you."

anyways, I need to get to bed.
bye bye everyone


[]



Comments: Post a Comment


All the ways that you can leave

www.anti-aliased.net
MzMerlot *new*
bitchcraft *old*
dooce.com
queserasera.org
hotambercrombiechick
the Darkness Files
CrazyJimmy's Beautiful Blog

Comixa
Men in Hats
BoyOnAStick & Slither


Wicked Static
Homestar Runner
Weebl & Bob
Weebls-Stuff

miniclip.com
ifilm.com
sputnik7.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger