Ducking under the nav bar
Shiny&Flammable

|01.04 |02.04 |03.04 |04.04 |05.04 |06.04 |08.04 |09.04 |10.04 |11.04 |12.04 |01.05 |02.05 |03.05 |06.05 |02.06


Elektra: Jennifer Garner's Ass Fighting Its Way Through A Drab Skirt&Sweater Combo

Elektra: Ummm... Well, All of it really.

Elektra (see a theme?): The First Movie That Made "Blade" Seem Not-So-Sucky

Elektra: It stole two hours of my life, and I want them back.

BIO
EMAIL
Poetry Page
www.joeandjaimee.com
gallery - soon?
 
"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
-Dorothy Parker-



4.12.2004
[8:58 AM]

haha

yeah, so I lost my headphones somewhere...
I think I was just too cleaver and tucked them away in a pocket of one of my shirts or some such. But they're gone, and I miss them. I just don't know how I'm going to get home without any music. I could walk, and I might, but I don't think I can take the bus. I'm not very good near people, and that bus is always really crowded. hardly important, just babble.
I went to both classes again. (yay) And found out that my humanities paper isn't due for some time, which is good. very very good. I went to psychology and listened to more "evils of america" speech. We're very good as a nation at hating ourselves for who we are. We don't want to fix our individual problems, just blame the mass of society for our troubles.


Problem: Mcdonald's is evil
Solution: DON'T EAT THERE
Problem: Americans are all about taking (gimmie gimmie mine mine)
Solution: GIVE SOMETHING BACK


Instead of bitching, perhaps, about the things you cannot change, try actually fixing those problems in yourself that you think are the problem. I hear the same damn speeches about women's oppresion.


Problem: Women are expected to be thin and beautiful
Solution: DON'T GIVE IN TO EXPECTATIONS & DON'T HOLD PEOPLE UP TO A SILLY STANDARD


and now I'm getting told that men are having the same problems


Problem: Men are expected to be muscular (with the 6-pack and the muscles and the tight ass)
Solution: FUCK IT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING! YOU ARE GIFTED WITH FREE WILL! USE IT!


I mean, really people, it isn't so hard. Just think before you act. Ask yourself "Am I doing this for me? or for them." And when you realise you're not being true to yourself, then stop. If you feel that Americans should act a certain way, then act that way. Lead by example. Be kind to your neighbor and the world will be a better place. It really is that simple.

gah!

I wrote this down in my notebook today:

"It is sometimes easy to forget that
society is less like a brick
and more like a pile of sand.
That a society is no more,
and also no less,
than the sum of the individuals
who comprise it."


I'm tired of hearing about the unfriendly society around us, or the corruption around us, or the whatever. People don't try to be good to one another, and then wonder why no one is being good anymore. If you can't take the responsibility onto yourself to be a good person, then you can't complain. And if you do take the responsibility, then you'll find you don't need to complain as much. You'll find that you have a direct affect on those around you. By being good instead of bitchy, you can make your world a better place. It really is the only way...

anyways, I'm going home
bye now


[]



Comments: Post a Comment


All the ways that you can leave

www.anti-aliased.net
MzMerlot *new*
bitchcraft *old*
dooce.com
queserasera.org
hotambercrombiechick
the Darkness Files
CrazyJimmy's Beautiful Blog

Comixa
Men in Hats
BoyOnAStick & Slither


Wicked Static
Homestar Runner
Weebl & Bob
Weebls-Stuff

miniclip.com
ifilm.com
sputnik7.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger