Ducking under the nav bar
Shiny&Flammable

|01.04 |02.04 |03.04 |04.04 |05.04 |06.04 |08.04 |09.04 |10.04 |11.04 |12.04 |01.05 |02.05 |03.05 |06.05 |02.06


Elektra: Jennifer Garner's Ass Fighting Its Way Through A Drab Skirt&Sweater Combo

Elektra: Ummm... Well, All of it really.

Elektra (see a theme?): The First Movie That Made "Blade" Seem Not-So-Sucky

Elektra: It stole two hours of my life, and I want them back.

BIO
EMAIL
Poetry Page
www.joeandjaimee.com
gallery - soon?
 
"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
-Dorothy Parker-



10.26.2004
[1:40 PM]

my day in the sick chair

Current Song: Screaming Alone - Rachel Gaudry []
Current Mood: stillquitesickthankyouverymuch

The worst part about being sick isn't the actual pain. I don't know why, but after a few hours or so, I'm usually able to mostly shut out the pain, the shivers, the whatever... The worst part, though, I can never do anything about. The worst part is the strange feeling of unreality, combined with an almost unquechable boredom.

I've found a new music site, BeSonic.Com, which seems to be a satisfactory replacement to the mp3.com of old. Ya know, back in the day when they gave a shit about the smaller unsigned artists and didn't focus so much on the b.spears, the simpson sisters, and all those fucking no-talent, "I got signed cause I suck dick and look hot", crap. Back when artists like Silverman still walked their proud digital halls. Those were the days. I missed them when Mp3.com died, only to reborn as the crappy crappiness that it is now. And the worst part, the most insulting part, was their little fucking note pointing people to check out "Thousands of free songs from independent artists." @ download.com.

DOWNLOAD.COM???? It's a joke. It's worse than a joke, cause a least a joke is funny. Downlaod.com's music site is so crappy it hurts. It hurts like a splinter under the fingernail, or a papercut, except many times worse. It hurts like when your first true love tells you to go fuck yourself (or says the equivilent in the nicest most mormony way), except that she's doing it while shoving splinters under your fingernails. It hurts even more than having your stomach tied up in knots so that you can't even walk around. And I should know.

Download.com is an insult to everything that MP3.com was before. MP3.com currently is another insult, and together, they form the double fisted punch that ripped the heart out of one of my favorite pasttimes, and one of the only places I could go to get new music. I can't stand what they did, and if I ever see the fuckers who did it in public, I am going to call them some definitely mean names. Like stinko, and poopfeet, and guy-who-is-going-to-die-because-he-stole-my-mp3.com-away-from-me.

but I digress...
Besonic.com is a nice site, with a nice feature allowing you to search by artist to find other people who may or may not sound like said artist. Because it's totally self-proclaimed (I sound like fiona apple, really), it's often less than fully accurate. Occasionally, however, one can find quite decent music.

Yeah, so that's what I do when I'm sick. I listen to independent music and get all mad at mp3.com all over again...

(fuckers gave ashlie simpson a four star rating...)

yay, sick joe


[]



Comments: Post a Comment


All the ways that you can leave

www.anti-aliased.net
MzMerlot *new*
bitchcraft *old*
dooce.com
queserasera.org
hotambercrombiechick
the Darkness Files
CrazyJimmy's Beautiful Blog

Comixa
Men in Hats
BoyOnAStick & Slither


Wicked Static
Homestar Runner
Weebl & Bob
Weebls-Stuff

miniclip.com
ifilm.com
sputnik7.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger