Ducking under the nav bar
Shiny&Flammable

|01.04 |02.04 |03.04 |04.04 |05.04 |06.04 |08.04 |09.04 |10.04 |11.04 |12.04 |01.05 |02.05 |03.05 |06.05 |02.06


Elektra: Jennifer Garner's Ass Fighting Its Way Through A Drab Skirt&Sweater Combo

Elektra: Ummm... Well, All of it really.

Elektra (see a theme?): The First Movie That Made "Blade" Seem Not-So-Sucky

Elektra: It stole two hours of my life, and I want them back.

BIO
EMAIL
Poetry Page
www.joeandjaimee.com
gallery - soon?
 
"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
-Dorothy Parker-



11.18.2004
[8:41 PM]

try to try something new

I've been trying to break out of my bubble. I am, by nature, a rather habitual person. I drink coke, coffee, water (occasionally), and iced tea. I eat canned pasta, cooked pasta, mac&cheese, shells&cheese, pizza, oranges, and breakfast cereals. When I go out, I usually have a cheeseburger without pickles or an italian sandwhich. I don't, by nature, spend much time outside my bubble. I don't make conversation with strangers, and I really don't hang out with people. I have one friend that I go to coffee with, and my wife. That's pretty much it. That's who I am.

Or at least, that's who I am if I don't force myself into new situations.

Today was a day of experimentation for me. Today I made a conscious effort to break out of the bubble in which I live. And while I was hoping to eat at some exotic resteraunt for launch (something that looked deliciously unhealthy or snobby and exotic), Jaia and I ended up eating at a bagelry from which we've purchased bagles from in the past. However, instead of a dozen bagels, we instead enjoyed sandwhiches prepared by some smiling blond who didn't seem to want to serve us very much.

But wait...the day of experimentation wasn't over yet...oh no, boy.

We next went to Wild Oats, a natural food grocery store that tries very hard to take all those unpleasent things from the brown isle and make them "main stream." Jaia wanted to find some exotic fruit, and instead we found wheatgrass, which we didn't buy. We next tried Dead Freds, which used to be Fred Meyer, but now is Smith's. There, happily, was a fresh new selection of fresh new exotic fruits. Jaia bought a Quince and a Tamarillo, knowing nothing about either except that they were new. I bought black-berries cause I had never eaten whole un-jellied/jammed black-berries. I like black-berries.

The Quince is apperantly very much like a lemon, except much more difficult to prepare. The Tamarillo is also known as a tree-tomato, and apparently is very tomato-esk. We haven't tried either yet.

But we also bought steaks. Now I've eaten steaks in my life. My dad cooks them, my brother cooks them. You can go to almost any decent establishment and ask for one, and you'll find them happily served with a baked potato and a salad. But never, in my entire life, can I remember actually cooking one.

So I did. I called my brother to get some pointers, then, mustering up all this newfound experimentalism, I began. I cooked Jaia a steak (using barbecue sauce), and then I cooked myself one (using worcestershire sause). They both came out amazingly well. I am so full, and so happy.


Maybe we can just smash this bubble after all...
or not.


[]



Comments: Post a Comment


All the ways that you can leave

www.anti-aliased.net
MzMerlot *new*
bitchcraft *old*
dooce.com
queserasera.org
hotambercrombiechick
the Darkness Files
CrazyJimmy's Beautiful Blog

Comixa
Men in Hats
BoyOnAStick & Slither


Wicked Static
Homestar Runner
Weebl & Bob
Weebls-Stuff

miniclip.com
ifilm.com
sputnik7.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger