Ducking under the nav bar
Shiny&Flammable

|01.04 |02.04 |03.04 |04.04 |05.04 |06.04 |08.04 |09.04 |10.04 |11.04 |12.04 |01.05 |02.05 |03.05 |06.05 |02.06


Elektra: Jennifer Garner's Ass Fighting Its Way Through A Drab Skirt&Sweater Combo

Elektra: Ummm... Well, All of it really.

Elektra (see a theme?): The First Movie That Made "Blade" Seem Not-So-Sucky

Elektra: It stole two hours of my life, and I want them back.

BIO
EMAIL
Poetry Page
www.joeandjaimee.com
gallery - soon?
 
"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
-Dorothy Parker-



2.22.2005
[10:10 PM]

Writing Exercise #1

Jaia and I have been doing a lot of talking about me writing lately. Mostly because I've been going crazy cause I've not been writing. To a large degree, this is because I come home and "Veg" (Vege?) out rather than doing anything productive. I told her that one of the best ways to make sure I write is to give me a small project to write on. She agreed to email me a creative project if I would agree to immediately write something when I read it.

So to my glee, I found the following in my email account today:

Hey, my dear love,

Okay, I want you to write me a story about a little
boy who finds out that he has exotic bugs in his
backyard.

-your jaia


Keeping to my promise, I immediately wrote the following... Enjoy.


Tommy sat barefoot in the grass, holding a broken stick over his toy car and laughing. The three-wheeled convertable had. only moments ago, survived a death-defying plunge off the old stump, and only then after tumbling three or four times in the muck. Now, Tommy thought grinning, they face their worst fear yet! He slammed the stick down onto the die-cast car, scratching a bit of paint but really doing no harm to it. The Terror-Monster had struck again!

The Terror-Monster was supposedly a monster of pure terror, but Tommy only had a broken stick, so that's what he used. He slammed the stick into the top of the car two or three times, making the kinds of sounds one makes when one is making the sounds of a Terror-Monster. For Tommy, this was something resembling a throaty growl saying "hello"

After a moment, he plunged the stick into some soft dirt right next to the car, and said in his Hero-Voice "The monster! Run Away!" He picked up the car and drove it through the grass, rumbling to simulate the engine noise.

He spun around in a circle, and then pointed the car back at the stump. "Vrum, Vrrum!" Tommy said, then simulating a wheelie, he drove the car at the stump.

It was at that moment that a strange thing happened.

As Tommy's card plunged towards the stump, a beetle about the size of his hand landed atop it, stood on its hind-legs, and stared at him with almost impassive disdain. Tommy screamed, dropped the car, and lept up. The beetle didn't so much as blink.

Tommy picked up the broken stick and waved it at the bug, which didn't so much as blink. Finally Tommy shouted "Hoy-yah!" and threw the stick at the beetle causing it to give a little startled "hey!" as it jumped out of the way.

Tommy stopped and stared. "Hey?"

"Well," The beetle said quietly. "I was suprised. You really shouldn't throw sticks at people."

"I didn't, you're a beetle."

"Beetles," Said the beetle with all the snobbish air that a three-inch tall black bug can master," are people too."

Tommy thought about this for less than a tenth of a second. "No they're not."

The beetle opened its mouth as if to reply, then closed it again. "I gather you're not the smartest example of your species, are you?"

"I'm plenty smart!" said the kid defiently. "I'm in the second grade!"

"oooh, I'm impressed." Said the bug.

"And last week, I spelled Believe, B-E-L-I-E-V-E, Believe"

"I...See.." Said the beetle.

"What's your name?" The kid asked, then added, "Mine's Tommy."

"Well, see." The beetle was trying very hard to sound proper. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"what?"

"Well, You might know me as..." The beetle paused for dramatic effect, "The Terror-Monster!"

The kid screamed, picked up the car and smashed the bug dead.

Later, he had a popscicle.


Yep, I'm good.

BTW, I've stopped worrying about grammatical errors on my site, so if there are any...well...fuck it.

bye all


[]



Comments: Post a Comment


All the ways that you can leave

www.anti-aliased.net
MzMerlot *new*
bitchcraft *old*
dooce.com
queserasera.org
hotambercrombiechick
the Darkness Files
CrazyJimmy's Beautiful Blog

Comixa
Men in Hats
BoyOnAStick & Slither


Wicked Static
Homestar Runner
Weebl & Bob
Weebls-Stuff

miniclip.com
ifilm.com
sputnik7.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger